Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, 2005
- Texas Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star, 2014- 2017
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Past Chair, Austin Health Lawyers Association
- Legal Committee Member, LeadingAge (formerly the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging)
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- University of Texas, L.B.J. School of Public Affairs, M.P.Aff., 2005
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Texas, B.A., 2000
Cory Macdonald specializes in representing health care and senior housing providers. Specific areas of focus include continuing care/life plan communities regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance, nursing home Medicaid bed waivers, licensing and certification of health care facilities, residency agreements, and intergovernmental transfer programs.
Cory also represents buyers and sellers of nursing and assisted living facilities, serves as borrower’s counsel in tax-exempt bond and other financing arrangements, and frequently serves as Texas counsel for national companies financing or refinancing Texas facilities.
In addition, Cory regularly advises providers on operational and risk management issues, regulatory compliance, and responding to enforcement actions.
A native Austinite, Cory is a proud father of three children.